Regular attendance facilitates good educational progress in all areas of the curriculum. School is important and that is the message that should get through to children – it will stay with them throughout their lives.
- We are required by the law to keep accurate records of attendance and we publish the rates of absence each year.
- When a child is unable to attend school due to illness a phone call prior to the school day is required.
- The registers are regularly inspected by the Education Welfare Officer who will follow up any attendance rates causing concern.
- When your child has to be taken out of school during the day (for medical visits etc) they must be signed out and the return time must also be completed if the child comes back into school the same day.
- Absence for holidays during term time will not be authorised.
- Fixed Penalty Notices will be issued if unauthorised absences exceeds ten sessions over the course of the academic year.
- Lateness after registration closes is classified as an unauthorised absence and therefore may incur a fixed term penalty.