We are so proud to be part of such a forward thinking, aspirational hub and although each school is distinctly different in size, demographic, location, context and ethos, it is our differences and willingness to learn from each other that becomes our greatest strength. With a shared School Improvement Advisor as well as a wealth of shared learning opportunities we are able to facilitate growth for staff at all levels within our schools while reflecting on our practice and evolving our curriculum offer to the children within our care.
Our shared priorities and opportunities for collaboration during 2019-20 include
- Maths leaders collaborating to develop maths discourse and times table confidence in partnership with a senior maths advisor
- English leaders and Heads collaborating to evolve vocabulary teaching in our schools
- Shared INSET with Pivotale behaviour to enable development of our behaviour strategies to ensure inclusive and supportive systems for all children
- Regular Head’s meetings to strategically plan, challenge and support each other
- Engagement with the South Glos #Challenge events looking at coaching, curriculum development, Governor impact, EYFS-Y1 transition and disadvantaged pupils
- Peer to peer school reviews, led by Deputy Heads and School Improvement Advisor, focused on modelling the new deep dive methodology
- SEN and inclusion shared training for teachers and teaching assistants led by the Hub SENCO network
- Opportunities for shared moderation of maths, writing and reading between schools
- Showcasing examples of best practice for the teaching of reading and maths so that schools can critique practice and evolve provision
- Shared CPD opportunities and networking between schools both within South Glos and around the country.
Now in our second year of collaboration, we are striving to build on the success of 2018-19 with a focus on reading, maths, higher prior attainers, disadvantaged learners and curriculum design. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you feel we could learn from your school or if you would like to visit one of ours.