Sports Funding 2016/17
The government provides this additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Marshfield will receive £8700 for the 2016/17 financial year.
We allocate our funding and spending for sports premium per academic year.
We are using the money to purchase:
- The Grange School and Sports College School Partnership Package which provides:
- Co-ordination of sports programmes for those schools within the partnership
- Professional development
- Support for the PE co-ordinator
- A full range of competitive opportunities
- A minimum of 10 hours of high quality delivery by fully qualified, experienced SSP sports coaches.
- Inclusion and More Able and Talented support for teachers and pupils.
- KS1 Infant Agility/Athletics challenge delivery
- Health and Wellbeing support and initiatives to engage target groups and individuals
- Development of Young Leaders (Bronze Ambassadors)
- Office based support with resources, documents, certificates and awards.
- To employ a sports coach to provide 4 free sports clubs each week and a skills/team building session for identified pupils.
- To provide swimming lessons for KS2 children.
- To invest in high quality sports equipment to support the curriculum and sports clubs.
|Financial Year 2016/17||Sports Funding £8700|
|Sports Coach (includes free sports clubs)||3800.00|
|Financial Year 2015/16||Sports Funding £8700|
|Sports Coach (includes free sports clubs)||3500.00|
|Sports equipment (includes a new sports kit)||800.00|
|Financial Year 2014/15||Sports Funding £8449|
|Sports Coach (includes free sports clubs)||3900.00|
In September 2016 the school was awarded the Gold Sainsbury’s School Games Award in recognition of the high quality PE provision and the number of pupils involved in extra-curricular PE activities. The award also recognises the way that the school develops talented young sports people and our participation and success in inter-school sports competitions.
Highlights of 2015/16:
- In recognition of all great sport and PE that takes place at Marshfield Primary we have been awarded the Sainsburys School Games GOLD
- A comprehensive and wide range of sports clubs are available for the children to attend: gymnastics, football, hockey, cross country, netball, multisports, tennis, tag rugby, cricket and cup-stacking.
- Specialist tag rugby coaching for upper juniors in preparation for our participation in the interschool tag rugby league.
- Participation in the Sportshall athletics competition involving relay, jumping and throwing events. Marshfield won the event on the evening but unfortunately our tallied scores were beaten the next week by a couple of huge schools so we just missed out on going to the final!
- Termly intra school sports competition
- Participation the Grange netball league. The netball team came close to qualifying for the county finals for the second year running but were pipped to the post in a very close game!
- Our Bronze Sports ambassadors arranged a school triathlon.
- Participation in the Grange Hockey league where our team narrowly missed qualifying for the finals.
- Infant and junior agility events
- Participation in the Grange cross-country league in which our girls team came first in the first race, gaining places in the first 13 in a field of 62 competitors. One of the team was first girl overall.
- Four teams play tennis for the school.
- Participation in an archery competition.
- A competitive Sports day and Sports week which includes athletics track and field events, cross country, archery and tennis.
- An ‘Army Day led by 21st Signal Regiment Colerne which includes an assault course, tug of war, shelter building, command task and drill training
- Parents are kept up to date of competition results though the school’s Twitter account