Vision, Aims and Values
At Marshfield Primary School we are constantly striving for excellence in all that we do by setting high expectations and working together as a school community to provide a happy, secure and stimulating environment where children are motivated to learn, are valued as individuals and enriched by an experience that enables them to thrive in tomorrow’s world.
We are striving for excellence by:
- Having high but realistic expectations
- Positive attitudes and role models
- Promoting a balance between academic and personal development
- Valuing each other as individuals
- Being motivated to learn
- Dealing with conflict in a reconciling manner
- Providing a learning experience that is accessible to all
- Providing an enriched and stimulating environment in which all can thrive.
- Promoting safe and healthy practices.
- Including the wider community
Our vision and aims are based on Christian values that are central to the whole school community.
In school these guiding principles are translated into practice through our Golden Rules, which are our daily touchstones to help us develop and reinforce our values and beliefs.
~ OUR GOLDEN RULES ~
Be gentle and caring
Be kind and helpful
Be honest with each other
Look after property
Listen to people and respect their views
Our school prayer is central to our vision, aims and values:
~ OUR SCHOOL PRAYER ~
This is our school
Let peace dwell here
Let the room be full of contentment
Let love abide here
Love of God
Love of one another
And love of life itself.
And let us remember
That as many hands build a house
So many hearts make a school.