Class Teacher: Mr T Looker-Jones
Our topic for term 1 is ‘Roman Invasion’.
We will be learning all about the spread of the Roman Empire and how this impacted upon life in Britain.
As historians, we will be asking questions including:
- What was life like in Ancient Rome?
- Who did the Romans worship?
- How did the politics and governance of Rome change over time?
- Why was the Roman army so successful?
- Where did the Romans conquer?
- Who was Julius Caesar?
- Why did Caesar’s invasion of Britain fail?
- And why did Claudius’ succeed?
- Who was Boudicca?
- What is the Romans’ legacy in Britain?
As geographers, we will be investigating:
- How did the Roman Empire develop?
- How do maps of the Roman Empire compare with modern-day maps of Europe?
- How does Italy’s climate differ to Britain’s?
- What diversity is there in British and Italian biomes?
As artists, we will be experimenting with:
- Multi-media collage
- Drawing, with a focus on tone